A summer BBQ isn’t complete without a potato salad. However, unlike typical potato salad that is full of mayo, this Grilled Vegetable Potato Salad has a wonderful smoked paprika vinaigrette dressing. It is light, super tasty and perfect for a picnic as a warm or cold dish.
As I said this potato salad is not your typical creamy potato salad (I like those too), but it is a chunky, grilled, vegetable filled deliciousness. This salad is served with grilled onions, mushrooms and zucchini. The potatoes are fork tender and the whole salad is sprinkled with a smoked paprika vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette’s base is actually made of chickpeas. It create the thickness to the sauce. Everything mixed together and served warm or cold tastes amazing.
Have you noticed lately that every other post of mine contains Zucchini. Zucchini bread is coming up soon. The reason – my plant in the garden is going crazy. My garden has struggled in previous year with squash, but this year, it is amazing. Below is a picture of three zucchini that I have to use up this week. My littlest boy love coming in from the backyard with a new zucchini in his hands.
[ezcol_1third]This recipe is part of #CookoutWeek. There is still time to enter the draw to win the amazing BBQ package, including a new charcoal grill. Enter here. [/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end][/ezcol_2third_end]
- 1 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 lbs of Cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- olive oil
- 1 16oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 1/2 olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes by boiling in salted water till fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and add 1 cup of the chickpeas, save remaining chickpeas for the dressing.
- Brush the mushrooms, onions and zucchini with olive oil.
- Grill on high heat, till vegetables are tender and browned.
- Toss with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of dressing.
- In a blender or small food processor, add remaining chickpeas, garlic, vinegar, salt and paprika and water. Blend on low.
- Add olive oil and blend till smooth.
- Toss desired amount of dressing with potatoes and vegetables.
- I used a Stainless Steel Grill Topper to grill the vegetable on my BBQ. Just coat the grill topper with a small amount of oil and throw your vegetable right on.
- You may need to add 1/8 -1/4 cup more olive oil to thin the dressing if it is too thick.
This recipe was adapted and changed, but was inspired by a recipe found in a 2007 Rachel Ray magazine.
Enjoy this Wonderful Grilled Vegetable Potato Salad.
Here are some other bloggers from #CookoutWeek who have posted some delicious recipes for you today.