These Mint Fudge Brownies are made with a brownie base, a mint fudge layer, an chocolate glaze layer and then topped with candy cane bits and chopped Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses. Actually, the mint fudge layer is mostly composed of Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses.
This brownie creation turned out amazing considering I had another plan in mind. I was on a time crunch for a party and I wasn’t planning on making a new baking creation. My plan was to use my homemade brownie recipe and follow Boys Ahoy’s Minty Chocolate Mousse Brownies, but I couldn’t find the Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips. I decided that the Kisses would have to stand in. This created a fudge layer, not a mousse layer. It was a good mistake.
My boys enjoyed these mint fudge brownies tremendously. While I was looking over the pictures in order to make this post, my youngest begged me to make them again. The last patch went to a Christmas party and I think that my waistline would like it if I saved these for another party. They are so good. The texture is wonderful and the mint flavor isn’t overbearing.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Candy Cane bits
- Chocolate Chips
- Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 11x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar, cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Mix in beaten eggs and vanilla. Add melted butter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into pan.
- Heat Whipping Cream over medium heat, adding Kisses and mix until fully melted.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until foamy.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour over brownie layer.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Chopped chocolate (either chocolate chips or bakers chocolate) and place in a bowl. Add corn syrup.
- In a saucepan, heat whipping cream until warm.
- Pour whipping cream over the chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted.
- Pour over brownies.
- Add optional toppings. Cool and Chill at least 6 hours. Cut into square before serving.
- This Brownie recipe makes a great gift idea. Mix the dry ingredients in a jar and attach the Brownie Layer recipe instructions.
- The brownie base is a slight modification from the recipe from I am Baker.
- I think that my mint fudge brownies could have been taken out of the oven a bit earlier. Check your brownies after 50min.
Check out my other Brownie Recipe. It is one of my earlier blog recipes which needs to be updated, but the recipe is great!