Smoked turkey sausage, red potatoes and vegetable are mixed with herbs and sliced lemon, then wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. These Sausage and Red Potato BBQ foil packs are an easy and tasty grilling treat. These foil packs are very versatile and can be filled with your favorite vege’s and spices. I was inspired to create these packs by a friend who made a version with shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn on the cob. I had a Hillshire Farms Smoked Turkey Sausage in the fridge and decided to create my own foil packs.
My boys are picky when it comes to food being mixed, so I generally don’t get away with cooking a meal in one dish; or in this case a piece of foil. However, the boys loved this dish and asked for seconds.
This post is part of #CookoutWeek in which 50 various bloggers (see list below) are posting delicious summer inspired meals or treat during the week of June 27th. There is an awesome prize pack being awarded as well. Visit the #CookoutWeek welcome post to enter.
- 1 14oz Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 14 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 5-6 Tbsp butter, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Tear three large squares of tin foil.
- Prepare and divide sausage and vegetables onto three foil squares, mix together.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, salt and pepper, lemon slices and 1-2 Tbsp of butter
- Wrap each foil pack and place on hot grill. Grill for 15 min or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Unwrap the foil pack and enjoy!
- As said above, these are very versatile. Add your favorite vegetables and fresh herbs to make unique combinations.
- Throw in some shrimp (but watch out that the shrimp isn’t overcooked).
- Next time, I would probably do two sausage links because that was my boys favorite part.
Enjoy these sausage and red potato BBQ foil packs.