These coconut white chocolate cookies are so-so-so good. I was asked to make desserts for an “Island-themed” party; so, I looked up a coconut cookie recipe and found this Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe by Baked by an Introvert. I am generally dubious of coconut in baking, but in this recipe, the toasted coconut is not overpowering and makes for a sweet crunchy texture.
Of course, I am known to not follow a recipe exactly, so I made a few changes to the original; including adding a bit more butter and coconut and using a little less flour. Plus I doubled the recipe because we love our cookies in the Macauley household. These cookies paired well with the pineapple-shaped sugar cookies that I had also made for the party.
I recently pulled a batch out of the freezer and they tasted delicious. I sometimes freeze cookies so that I don’t eat the whole batch in a couple days. So put these Coconut White Chocolate Cookies on your freezable cookie list.
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups [white chocolate chips|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for 7 min.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt.
- In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture till combined, mix in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough in to ball and bake for 12 min.
- The original recipe called for sweetened coconut, I used unsweetened because I find white chocolate to be sweet enough. I found with the unsweetened, I had to bake it a bit longer to toast. Careful not to burn the coconut though. I used a metal cookie sheet as it tends to toast better than a stone pan.
- I made 1 inch balls flattened them with a fork.
- I used a Stone Cookie Sheet to bake the cookies to perfection, remember that the first batch of cookies take 2-3min longer if you don’t preheat the stone.
Enjoy these Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Cookies!